The following quotes were all taken from advertisements for Noise Blocking Headphones.
- “… advanced HD noise-canceling processor blocks distracting background…”
- “… with noise canceling that cuts more outside sound than ever before.
- “Actively cancels waveforms… to completely eliminate extraneous sounds.”
- “Effectively blocks out distracting background…”
- “Advanced active noise reduction technology quells airplane cabin noise, city traffic or a busy office… “
They sound great, right?
But how does this sound?
- “Peoria man robbed at gunpoint of cellphone and headphones“
- “Man robbed at gunpoint in Decatur while walking home from work“
- “Man attacked by youths trying to steal his headphones“
- “Mom of man killed by train warns public to be careful when wearing noise-canceling headphones“
- “Pedestrian wearing headphones struck, killed by train in Del Mar“
- “Train hits, kills Midlands woman walking across tracks with headphones, coroner says“
- “After Deadly Bus Accident, Cyclists Warned Against Wearing Giant Headphones“
Those are just a few headlines. There are plenty more.
Don’t wear headphones in public. If you love your headphones, I know this is not something you want to hear (no pun intended).
But when you are in public, you must be aware of your surroundings so you can avoid dangerous situations.
Being able to hear car horns, train whistles, people shouting and oncoming footsteps is imperative for your safety.